Joe´s Music Rack
YOUR KEY TO COLLECTIBLES©
R C A...LSP 2806...1964...33 1/3 LP...Stereo
1) Baby Elephant Walk - Henry Mancini...2:05
2) William Told - Traditional...2:25
3) The Wanderin´ Fifer - Schory...2:11
4) Charade - Henry Mancini...2:45
5) Sing, Sing, Sing - Prima...2:58
6) St. Louis Blues - Handy...3:08
1) Old Top of Old Smokey - Traditional...2:15
2) Bidin´ My Time Ira/George Gershwin...2:29
3) South Rampart Street Parade - Bauduc/Haggart...3:26
4) Bleep, Blop, Bloop - Schory...2:28
5) Londonderry Air - Traditional/Arr. Schory...2:54
6) Orinoco - Schory...4:19
ON THE BACK OF THE JACKET
With His Percussion Pops Orchestra
Produced by Jack Somer
The success of the "Schory Sound" on records is being duplicated in concert halls across the U.S. In four short seasons, Dick Schory has developed his Percussion Pops Orchestra into one of the country's most popular "pop concert" attractions.
Touring from coast to coast, the Schory crew has been presenting its unique program to capacity audiences at leading colleges and universities, on community and civic concert series, and in special shows. Featuring an orchestra of over twenty musicians performing on over 200 different brass, woodwind, string and percussion instruments, Schory presents the music of Broadway and Hollywood, "pop" standards and original works, traditional and modem jazz, folk music, and even favorite light classics - all in the sometimes lighthearted, sometimes dazzling, Schory treatment.
With famed drummer Joe Morello as special guest artist, here is the spectacular "live" concert recording by the Percussion Pops Orchestra as it actually took place in Chicago's world famous Orhestra Hall.
William Told: A take-off on the classic William Tell Overture with over fifty-five different percussion instruments weaving their patterns around the full orchestra! (P.D. 2:25)
The Wanderin´ Fifer: A Bobby Christian-Sehory original featuring Bobby on snare drum teaming up with a pair of lightly swinging piccolos. (ASCAP 2:11)
Charade: The haunting melody of this Mancini film theme features lush marimba and handbells staling the theme against woodwinds and French horns. (ASCAP 2:45)
Sing, Sing, Sing: Features an explosive solo by drummer-extra-ordinary Morello. (ASCAP 2:58)
St. Louis Blues: The old standard in modern jazz-waltz style. Percussionists Duane Thamm and Gary Burton trade a few licks on xylophone, vibes and marimba before blues trumpet man Bobby Ballard winds things up. (ASCAP 3:08)
Bidin´ My Time: The lightly swinging side of Schory—features contra-bass, clarinet and flute. Gary Burton on vibes. (ASCAP 2:29)
South Rampart Street Parade: A "Dixieland Spectacular" with trumpet, clarinet, tenor sax and trombone over a framework of classical phrases by the full band. (ASCAP 3:26)
Bleep, Blop, BIoop: Bobby Christian starts things off with novel fingerwork on timpani, followed by Gary Burton playing temple blocks, finger cymbals and sand blocks. Duane Thamm raps out a few hot licks on Boo-Bam! (ASCAP 2:28)
Londonderry Air: Change of pace—a warm rendition of the favorite traditional folk song. (ASCAP 2:54)
Orinoco: Soft, primitive rhythms in an original by Bobby Christian that builds to an exciting climax. Features jungle drums, rhythm logs, clackers, and other primitive instruments. (ASCAP 4:19)
Guest Artist: Joe Morello - Drums
* Edward Oliver - Piano * Robert Fahsbender - Bass * Remo Biondi - Guitars * Dick Bordon - Drums
* Tom Moses, Kenny Labahn, Hobart Grimes, Mike Simpson - Woodwinds * John Pyszka - Tuba *
* Bill Hanley, Ed Shedosky, Robert Ballard - Trumpets *
* Mark McDunn Robert Rudolph, Bill Corti, Herb Wise - Trombones *
* Bobby Christian, Gary Burton, Duane Thamm, Roger Petersen - Percussion *
* Marvin McCoy, Leo Sacchi - French Horns *
Dynagroove records are the product of RCA Victor's newly developed system of recording which provides a spectacular improvement in the sound quality.
1. Brilliance and clarity — the original sound in startling definition
2. Realistic presence—sound projected in "photographic" perspective
3. Full-bodied tone—even when you listen at low level
4. Surface noise virtually eliminated!
5. Inner-groove distortion virtually eliminated!
To solve these old and obstinate problems in disc recording, highly ingenious computers — "electronic brains" — have been introduced to audio for the first time. These remarkable new electronic devices and processes grew out of an intense research program which produced notable advances in virtually every step of the recording science.
The final test of any record is in the listening compare the sound of Dynagroove recordings!
Dynagroove Recordings are mastered on RCA Magnetic Tape
If we have this item - look in the
part of the Music Section of
YOUR KEY TO COLLECTIBLES©
Dick Schory - ON TOUR Section
Joe´s Music Rack
YOUR KEY TO COLLECTIBLES© 1997